Are you looking for the medication which is helpful to treat the anxiety and seizures? Then you are at the right place we are going to discuss some facts related to that medicine. The name of medicine is Ativan; it is the most popular medicine nowadays because many of the people are there who are suffering from this problem.
In some of the important facts, you should also know about their safety tips which are also known as their precautions and warnings.
As we know in a few health conditions we don’t have to take Ativan otherwise we are going to suffer from their adverse effects which may be severe if you don’t take proper treatment for that.
Warnings and precautions
There are some of the conditions we are going to tell you which you should not take Ativan:
- If you are allergic to any brand of benzodiazepines.
- Narrow angle-glaucoma patients don’t take it.
- It is the habit-forming medicine so; don’t take a high dose of it.
- You don’t take this medicine without the prescription of the doctor.
- While taking it then you should avoid driving vehicles and operate machinery, it may be harmful to you.
When you are going to take it, then you must inform your doctor if you are suffering from:
- breathing problem as like asthma
- addiction from alcohol and other drugs
- liver or kidney problems
Withdrawal means that if you take this medicine for some time then suddenly you stop taking it. Then it is harmful to you. You should not stop taking this medicine without consulting with your doctor.
Symptoms of withdrawal:
- depressions and confusion
- sleep disorder
- severe seizures
If you want to avoid these symptoms, then you may reduce the amount of Ativan by consulting with your doctor.
Pregnancy and Ativan
Ativan also includes in those medicines which you can’t take in pregnancy. If you take it, then it causes the birth defects and your baby also come with the dependency on that particular medicine.
If you are pregnant and require this medicine, then you should inform your doctor or else it may be very dangerous for your newborn baby.
Well, these are some of the things which you should know while taking Ativan to reduce anxiety and seizures.