Ativan is a prescribed medicine which is habit-forming medication. This medicine is providing relief for the short term from the anxiety and panic disorder. It is the medicine which is classified by the group of drugs, and that name is benzodiazepines. You can take this medicine to treat anxiety and insomnia.
The doctor also uses this medicine to take you before the surgery because due to this you may sleep. Ativan comes in two different forms, and they are – Ativan tablets and injection.
The dosage of this medicine is based on several factors in which include:
- the severity of your condition
- age of the patients
- a form of Ativan which you take easily
- other medical conditions which you suffer
In the beginning, the doctor prescribes you to take the lower dosage of this medicine. They see that how you react to Ativan?
How to take a dosage of this medicine?
- Take exactly that dosage which is prescribed by your doctor.
- Your doctor always prescribes you to start with the lower dosage to avoid its side effects.
- Take it with or without food.
- You should go for a regular checkup because of your doctor monitor that it works on you or not and it doesn’t provide any side effects to you.
What happens if you take too much dosage?
If you take the too much dosage of this medicine, then you will see some of the symptoms which include the:
- weakness in muscles
These are some symptoms which express that you take too much dosage of Ativan and you need medical attention urgently.
The missed dosage of this medicine
If you forget to take the regular dosage of Ativan, then take it as soon as possible. If you take the too much dosage of any other medicine and miss that dosage, then take it as soon as remember.
If it is the time of the next dosage, then skip that dosage and continue with your regular treatment. Don’t take the extra medicine to cover up the missed dosage.
The above-mentioned points consider the essential information about the dosage of Ativan. Whenever you are going to take this medicine, you must tell about those medicines which you take in present or stop taking it. Dosage is also prescribed after knowing about your medical history.